Our Parishes are situated in the heart of the Douglas valley with easy access to the M58 and M6 motorways.
The parish of Up Holland has a population of 17,041 based on the 2011 census. The historic village of Up Holland has well-established housing estates built in the 1960s, some of which are now privately owned. There are old stone built cottages and farms and modern privately owned dwellings. The area is served by the parish church of St Thomas the Martyr.
Digmoor and Tanhouse, part of the former Skelmersdale New Town, has a high proportion of social housing and modern privately owned dwellings and is served by Christ the Servant Church.
The parish of Dalton iis very much a mixture of the old and the new. When Lady Skelmersdale laid the foundation stone for the present church in 1875 the parish consisted of the village of Dalton which covered a wide rural area with a small population. With its elevated position above the mosses and lowland plain of South West Lancashire Dalton attracted settlement from the earliest times.